FSTD Evaluators' Course
This course is an essential foundation for prospective FSTD evaluators and those wishing to experience and practice the job of an evaluator or be part of an acceptance team. Not only do you get to learn from a team of experts with hands-on training, you get the benefit of their many years of experience.
To become a qualified National Aviation Authority (NAA) / EASA Inspector other requirements must be met that are, currently, set by the individual organizations. Most NAA’s require their inspectors to have completed the TTI course or a similar one as part of their training towards being recognized as an inspector/evaluator.
These days, the process of evaluating and qualifying a FSTD is common throughout the world, and although NAA regulations do vary somewhat, the standards are consistent. Each of our courses use one of the more common sets of regulations/standards as the core documents when teaching (EASA CS-FSTD & Parts ORA and ARA, FAA FAR Part 60, JAR FSTD A & H). This core document is chosen according to the what the majority of the students currently use in their home environment. Please note that even though a specific set of regulations is chosen as the core document for training, time is spent throughout the course addressing the differences between all of these. Should students wish to discuss and compare their own NAA’s regulations, we will accommodate that in-class as time permits, and after-class if required.
In addition, the new ICAO Doc 9625 issue 3 (Manual of Criteria for the Qualification of FSTD) will be described and discussed, along with items that need to be considered to adopt these guidelines into a full set of regulations and standards..
This course is recognized by the European JAA-TO, who is governed by ECAC, the European arm of ICAO, and aims at preparing Regulatory Authority Inspectors and personnel of FSTD Operators or Manufacturers, who may be responsible for carrying out evaluations of Flight Simulation Training Devices. Training will be provided in the interpretation and implementation of current regulations and standards, as related to Flight Simulation Training Devices. We make sure that students comprehend how and why we conduct evaluations and qualifications in the manner established, which means the intent of the whole process is understood, not just what is written in the regulations and standards.
- Describe the origin, development and transition to current regulations and standards
- State the historical function, structure and responsibilities of National Aviation Authorities (NAA’s) with comparisons.
- Explain the principle and methodology of Standardization Teams (FSTD Joint Implementation Procedures (JIP)).
- Identify all related documentation for the evaluation and qualification of a FSTD
- Describe the regulatory document format and the use of its parts for all items including the intent of the Regulations.
- Locate the requirements and standards for all initial and recurrent testing of a FSTD including validation, function and subjective tests.
- State the Qualification Test Guide (QTG) requirements and their relationship to Acceptance Test Guides
- Summarize the process and good practices for running QTG’s
- Plan a qualification evaluation.
- Conduct both pilot-flown (manual) and automatic QTG tests
- Analyse and rationalize the results of both manual and automatic QTG tests
- Describe the requirements of, and perform, Function and Subjective tests with the use of profiles
- Describe visual systems and how they are tested using test patterns and equipment.
- State the requirements of a Quality Management and Compliance Monitoring system
- Locate and comprehend FSTD Data requirements: “flown” data, substitute data, engineering data.
- Describe the regulatory requirements for updating or modifying FSTD’s
- Describe ICAO 9625 issue 3 purpose, it’s implications, and what must be done to adopt these guidelines
The intended audience for our full FSTD Evaluators’ Courses are as follows:
- Authority personnel, with emphasis on staff responsible for FSTD evaluations and qualifications
- FSTD Operator personnel and others who are responsible for FSTD evaluations and qualifications, or require familiarization with the process and regulations of FSTD evaluations and qualifications
- FSTD manufacturing Industry personnel in general, but with emphasis on the evaluation and qualification of FSTD
- Training Organizations that have regulatory responsibilities for the fidelity and qualification of FSTD
- Military personnel responsible for the evaluation/fidelity of FSTD
- Individuals involved with the preparation of specifications and acquisition of FSTD’s
- Individuals wishing to learn more about the Quality Management & Compliance Monitoring system requirements of FSTD qualifications
Although it is not a pre-requisite, to obtain the greatest value from the course, it is of benefit for the intending student to have a background in flight simulation, or some regulatory, pilot, or simulator engineering experience. The course is recognized by most National Aviation Authorities and the JAA-TO as providing an essential part of the training for National Authority Inspectors. It is promoted as a means of harmonizing the criteria and implementation of the regulations between different nations. Successful completion of the course will result in the award of a TTI certificate which can be endorsed by the JAA-TO.
Piloting experience is not required, but can be a valuable attribute.
Our courses are conducted at various locations in the world according to the preferences of the majority of the students registered at one time, and where we can arrange access to suitable FSTD’s and a classroom. We typically choose flight crew training centers such as those at Cathay Pacific Airlines in Hong Kong, the FSC Training Centre in Amsterdam, OAA Academy in Gatwick, FSI in Farnborough, AgustaWestland in Sesto, Italy, and Emirates-CAE Training Centre at Dubai, UAE. Take a look at our Graduates page to see where we have conducted our courses world-wide…
Accommodation & Transportation
At many of the locations we run courses, the FSTD operator has arranged special accommodation and ground transportation deals with a local hotel. When available, these are offered by the training centre we use, not TTI. If requested, TTI will advise these recommendations and how to make reservations for them. Please note that TTI cannot make reservations for you as these arrangements are solely through the training centre we use. Also, payment for these must be made by the individual student.
5 day course €5350
Price is per student inclusive of all materials and 3 hands-on FSTD exercises.
6 day course €5650
Price is per student inclusive of all materials and 4 hands-on FSTD exercises.
Prices may vary in some locations due to changes in costs and will be quoted on a case by case basis.
We request pre-payment of the course fees by electronic transfer, details for this will be provided on our invoice.
Courses can also be planned, negotiated and priced at a venue of your choosing. Discounts for volume may be available upon request.
Please be aware that due to our having to commit to non-refundable expenses some considerable time prior to running our courses, such as simulator rental, we must invoke a cancelation policy. Details of this policy can be found by clicking here...